as if 范例EN
- 例句 as if
- It seemed as if the sense of public resentment had long been gathering strength unperceived, and now burst forth into insuppressible violence.
- He walked down the street with a jaunty swaggering step, as if daring others less perfectly satisfied to intrude upon his good mood.
- When Hape sauntered over for a try after only three minutes it looked as if England were destined for a comfortable victory, but Georgia are made of sterner stuff, as they showed when running Scotland close in Invercargill last week.
- I had thought that the term was a nonce, but it seems as if it's been picked up by other authors.
- He felt the pangs intensifying, as if the noodly, repetitive sounds were some lost language he'd known but forgotten, a dialect discarded or repressed.
- It's almost as if there's one electron in two places at one and the same time.
- At another, now upside down but still pillarlike, he makes a further such display, tapping his foot as if he had time to kill, and all this were mere ennui.
Examples of as if in a Sentence