cloth 范例EN[klɔθ] [klɑθ] [klɒθ] [-ɒθ]
- 例句 cloth
- The cloth rolls unevenly; the snow rolls well.
- I rubbed the glass with the cloth.
- ...carbon bisulphide, chloride of sulphur and sulphur precipitating substances, the surplus rubber adhering to the hide being then slickered off and finished with a cloth dipped in a rubber solvent.
- to slip a piece of cloth or paper
- She wore a coat made of old cloth from Uzbekistan called a suzani, which was faded black with embroidered red circles and yellow and white zigzags.
- cloth that takes dye well ; paper that takes ink ; the leather that takes a certain kind of polish
- We upholstered the seat with three thicknesses of cloth to make it more comfortable to sit on.
- Covered with cloth of gold tissued upon blue. — Francis Bacon.
- In "shops" that were set up in the morning and taken down at night, drygoods dealers were selling colored sashes, strips of cotton cloth and calico, and black woolsey, the eternal garb of every native of the Jucar valley.
- The silence of our meal was alone broken by the dull clattering of knives and forks, and the tinkling of the bell to summon the brisk waiter to bring wine and draw the cloth.
- 例句 cloths
- They [ … ] founded manufacturies of cotton cloths; contracted for the crops of produce at very high prices; offered rewards and, in short, they put in motion every partial resources they were able to avail themselves of and their limited means allowed.
- He and his team set up “dissemination stations,” consisting of dark, damp cloths dusted with pyriproxyfen, in the nooks and crannies of aboveground tombs in a cemetery.
- In poor families, solid cloths are passed down from elder children to kid siblings, who must wear them out or if they outgrow them pass them down to still younger relatives
- 例句 clothes
- He heard a voice and looked round to see a man wearing dark clothes.
- I could never lower myself enough to buy second-hand clothes.
- As soon as she got home, she pulled off her clothes.
- I put the clothes away so as to neaten the room.
- The crowd had to run away from the burning structure with only the clothes on their backs.
- Could you sort out your wardrobe and put the clothes you no longer use in one pile to give away and another to throw away?
- She tore her ex-boyfriend’s clothes apart in fury.
- At the spring sale, everyone zeroed in on the bargain clothes.
Examples of cloth in a Sentence
- en clothes
- en clothing
- en clothed
- en clothe
- en clothesline