- 例句 formal
- The business with the hat is a fine example of the difficulty of distinguishing between 'natural' and 'formal' acting.
- His portraits looked stiff and formal but his candids showed life being lived.
- “Scarcely had Alice reached her twentieth birthday, than she gave her erstwhile fiancée [sic] his formal congé. […]”
- She spoke formal English, without any dialect.
- I'd like to make a formal complaint.
- Formal linguistics ignores the vocabulary of languages and focuses solely on their grammar.
- The formal stage is a critical part of any child's development.
- Formal wear must be worn at my wedding!
- He's always very formal, and I wish he'd relax a bit.
- When they became a formal club the rowers built a small boathouse.
- 例句 more formal
- Since the mid-twentieth century, the exchange of Orders has become less personal and more formal and diplomatic. 
- George Washington's generalship was marked by both amazing victories and stunning blunders, neither of which would have happened to someone with more formal officer training.
Examples of formal in a Sentence
- en formally
- en formality
- en formalism
- en formaldehyde
- en formalin