- 例句 supply
- The local blood drive will replenish the area's blood supply.
- When demand for electricity exceeds the available supply, a brownout occurs.
- Mr. Cola, 82, a retired hairdresser and makeup artist who earned an Emmy for his work in daytime television, recently paid only $9 for a 90-day supply of cilostazol, a substitute for the branded drug Pletal for leg pains.
- Prices usually go up when demand exceeds supply.
- Union Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman had long known that his fragile supply and communication lines through Tennessee were in serious jeopardy because of depredations by Forrest's cavalry raids. (Battle of Brice's Crossroads)
- To supply the place of scenery, it was hung round with crimson curtains, through which we were to make our entrances and exeunts.
- 例句 supplies
- The gastroepiploic artery supplies the stomach with blood.
- He is a leading supplier of plumbing supplies in the county.
- Do you want some of the leftover supplies from the event?
- Ever since he was caught stealing office supplies, he has been on thin ice with his boss.
- parachutable supplies
- So-called postsale revenue, which includes the sale of ink and other supplies to companies that already own or lease Xerox machines, fell 14 percent, to $2.78 billion.
- Our supplies are running low. They frequently overspent and soon ran into debt.
- He has no end of supplies, no end of cooks and waiters, no end of table furniture and decorations, no end of handsome dining rooms, yet he frequently lives on the crumbs that fall from the table.
- Why don't you prepare a whole stack of handouts in advance rather than getting out the supplies each time, onesie-twosie?
- to vote supplies
- 例句 supplied
- Rectal tracheal gills: lamelliform structures in the rectum of the nymphs of some Odonata, supplied with trachea and tracheoles and serving as respiratory organs.
- 2000: The sole truth was that supplied by mathematics or by such lapidary propositions as “What's done cannot be undone,” which was irrefutably correct. — Karen Armstrong, The Battle for God (Harper 2004, p. 71)
- Because the medic had been supplied with a jeep, he and his aide were classed as a motorized detachment.
- But thy free bounty, undebased by pride, Prompt to anticipate the meek request, Unask'd the wants of modest Worth supplied, And spared the pang that shook the suppliant's breast.
- Rivers are supplied by smaller streams.
- I find Clinton to be the greatest president because of all unintended humor he's supplied and for his parade of bush pigs like Lewinsky, Trip and Paula Jones.
- The government supplied only the redaction to the reporters, the original was kept secret.
- Dylan Thomas was another thesaurus thumber, and in his work too the words it supplied were not always improvements.
- Although millians and infinite numbers of them [fish] be taken, yet on the next [day] their losse will be so supplied with new store that nothing shall be missing of the yesterfang. ― Holinshed.
- 例句 supplying
- Set in a shallow, amphitheaterlike depression, once a gravel pit supplying material for the Thruway, it covers 11 acres.
- Catherine was arrested by Sydney police last July and has been charged with 14 offences, including supplying the drugs methylamphetamine, ketamine and GHB.
- The joke is that these two men are sitting in front of a gas station that has been transformed into a minimart capable of supplying anything--even the kosher pickled herring requested by an Orthodox Jew.
- Described by witnesses as a keen cricketer and pubgoer until contacts with Islamic militants radicalized him on a trip to Pakistan, he was ordered to serve at least 14 years for the plot, and for supplying militants in Afghanistan with money and equipment.
- Sce.: Which I'd grant ye, if ye came at Midnight; but now I haven't the conveniency o' supplying your Wants.'
Examples of supplies in a Sentence